Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Meet Piper

My two year old daughter.  A nonstop flurry of energy and positivity.  She's the only member of the family who speaks frankly about Mommy's House and Daddy's House, and which dogs live at each place. 

She's perfectly at home only seeing me a couple of days a week; the divorce doesn't represent much of a change to her, as I was gone from the home nights in culinary school for her first year.

Piper loves string cheese, but can't be relied on to eat the whole thing, so I don't buy them.  String cheese are about 0.35 cents a pop, which to me is wasteful if she's only downing half of it.  Those add up.  Instead, I buy a 2.00$ block of cheese, usually mozzarella or monterey jack, and slice the whole thing at once into small rectangle slices.  Then, put it in a ziploc and back into the fridge. 

When your little one is over for your weekend, use the cheese as a snack; add it to eggs in the morning; and make grilled cheese at night.  If her older brother steals some as a snack, not a problem - there are worse things he could snack on than a piece of cheese.

Piper also likes poached eggs.  Whenever I make myself poached eggs, she'll sit on my lap and steal as much runny yolk as I'll let her get away with.

Other than eggs and cheese, she pretty much lives on processed shit, which is not my pleasure.  It's hard to find healthy, affordable stuff she likes, but then, that's why I'm starting this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment